Monday, December 19, 2022

Monday Moments - Trip the Lights Fantastic

It's time to unveil the Faries extravaganza.  While I was in PA at Thanksgiving, Ray planned the Christmas light show. We are not National Lampoon crazy (I don't allow him on ladders).  But he did well.   No, he did not go for a ten foot minion.  He opted for the six foot Grinch - totally acceptable and fun. He has a naughty list - my name is not on it.  Whew!
Here's a full view of the front that neighbors can enjoy.  Squirrels keep knocking about the candy canes. Evil creatures.  
The glory is our backyard. That's what we enjoy the most as we move about the house in the evening. 
New flashing icicle lights.  New trim on the posts.  So fun.  And the reflections  on the pool are glorious. 
Inside, we downsized to a baby tree. It's still overloaded with our ornaments. I love hanging them - so many memories from trips.  And that's what Christmas is all  about - past, present, and future. 

Good job Ray and here's to the season.  I hope you are enjoying the small moments. Be sure to stop, breathe, and  just embrace the littlest stuff. Don't over do.  We learned a lot from 2020 - We shed a lot of crap  and we learned what and who is important to us. Keep that  close! 

I value my blog friends - we have history...just know that. I'm giving a shout out to Yvonne!
 

6 comments:

  1. That all looks so lovely. Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We are kids at heart. Cheers to you and yours for Christmas

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanne - yes bloggers have lots of history ... while I love your lights - Ray's a good guy! Enjoy the season with your pretty home - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much and our lights are fun. I enjoy the writing blog banter. We sort have a dialogue through the years.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love how the water reflects the lights in your backyard. Tis glorious!
    Enjoy all the best of loving warmth and festive lights, Joanne and Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do enjoy the reflections. Thanks and be of good cheer my friend. Tis the season of light

      Delete