Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Serene Stopover

Visitors stopped by the other day. In no hurry, they lounged poolside and plunged into our rather brisk water with nary a qualm. They floated happily, bemused by the pool cleaner, and unmussed by the fountain spray.
I tiptoed about taking pictures and I'm guessing as long as I didn't do a cannonball off the diving board, they were delighted to pose for this post.

I think they were scoping out nest choices and our back bushes looked inviting except there are rumors of a large hawk in the neighborhood. They paddled to and fro, possibly wondering about the lack of water reeds, fish, turtles, and other nature flora and fauna.


They left quietly that evening. No farewell quack. Just a few downy feathers floating in the pool. Cute couple - we wish them well.



1 comment:

  1. It will be swimming time before long. As cute as they are I hope they didn't leave any duck poo.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete