Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday Moments

Date night - Saturday January 7. I bought Ray tickets as a Christmas treat to see Michael Carbonaro Live. Ray enjoyed watching Michael on his show The Carbonaro Effect, and would call me into the room, "You've gotta see this.".  I admit the young man was talented and clever, but I had not idea how the show would translate to a live theater - Dallas' Winspear.

We ended up with awesome box seats one level up from the orchestra center stage. The opening comic was quite funny, and then Michael came on and proceeded to enthrall us. Simple stage, a few props, quick timing, excellent patter, and many "how did he do that segments?" Plenty of audience participation and some of the kids he brought up on stage added to the hilarity. It was a clean family show.

My Monday moment of reflection - hearing Ray laugh, hearing everybody laugh at a clever bit - united as one. Everyone out in public to be entertained, enjoying a community of laughter.

Priceless....

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you and Ray enjoyed the show, laughter is certainly good for you.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard his shows are really good. He's a great illusionist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to figure out how he did stuff

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great time. Everyone just enjoying and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. goes to show - there can be joy in this world

      Delete
  5. Hi Joanne - that's great and I bet Ray will remember the live show for a while - clever present. Thanks for sharing ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like experiences, not just things, as a present. It worked out great

      Delete
  6. I don't think I've heard of him yet. Glad you had a good time. You go out far too much - I'm jealous, and feel like I should do more with my time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun!

    I was kinda hoping your Cowboys would win yesterday, so they'd be facing our Falcons next weekend. I figured we could make some kinda fun wager on the game. :) Still, it was one heckuva game yesterday. Sorry the season has come to an end for your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great time! Is he a magician?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your moment inspires me. People united in laughter - aw, how good life can be. Thank you, Joanne. Keep laughing, in good company too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Laughter is the best medicine' - your evening sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know who he is, but it sounds like you had a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete