Friday, June 2, 2017

Fore Friday

 Back on May 20th, Ray and I were lucky enough to have free tickets (including FREE parking) for the Byron Nelson golf tournament at the Four Seasons Resort in Irving, Texas. Sounds swanky, I know.

 I'm not keen on golf on TV - boring!  But I kept an open mind about seeing it live, and I came away duly impressed. Plus I saw Sergio Garcia in his bright red pants. He's quite popular and is a fun player to watch - very enthusiastic.  Alas, he fell apart on Sunday and did not come close to winning.
 Aussie, Jason Day caught my eye. Very spiffy and the man could whack that ball hard. Hearing it live, watching it zing far, and joining in the oohs and aahs of the crowd was very amusing. Jason ended up in second place on Sunday.
 More Jason plotting strategy
Placing the ball and ready to swing.   Fore!!

So, golf live gave me a new perspective and appreciation for the athletes. Always good to try new things. (Plus we walked over 10,000 steps - not too shabby).

16 comments:

  1. That would be fun to see in person. Sounds like a fun time.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather wasn't crazy hot either. That helped a lot

      Delete
  2. I've never been to a golf tournament, what a wonderful time you had. Thanks for sharing your lovely time.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't beat getting some walking in. It takes skill, but I could only oohh and ahh so much over golf lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'm not sure you can convince me, but glad you enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey - we'd have fun and come away with characters for a story. Trust me

      Delete
  5. How long was it from start to finish? I don't have that kind of patience. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we were there all day. But you should see the homes that surround that golf course. That was worth the trip! Ray and I have fun

      Delete
  6. Good for you for having such an open mind about going. I suspect if Smarticus and I had free tickets to a golf tournament of any kind, we've give them away. Not our thing. He went to a driving range with a friend a couple times, and as he likes to say, he could make the ball go left, he could make the ball go right, and he could make the ball go straight ahead. The problem was, he never knew which was coming next. Me? I like miniature golf. :)

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny. Indeed real golf could be more amusing with a windmill at the 18th!

      Delete
  7. Hi Joanne - I'd go again if it was free ... not so sure I'd sweat it out to get there though - leave that to the guys! Sounds like you had a fun, interesting day out - giving you a slightly different perspective on golf ... and then those houses - oh yes ... gorgeous places ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we make it to Scotland I'd check out the origins of golf. St Andrews is famous

      Delete
  8. I've never watched golf in person. That does sound like it would be more interesting than watching it on TV. I'm sure the live version would bring more appreciation for the sport.

    ReplyDelete