Saturday, March 16, 2019

New Zealand

Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern says, ""It's clear now that this can only be described as a terrorist attack. These are people I would describe as having extremist views that have absolutely no place in New Zealand and, in fact, have no place in the world."

 "My whole reason for getting into politics was because I had this strong duty to care for other people." 



Ray and I visited New Zealand - such a lovely country and people. 
The whole country looked like a set from Lord of the Rings - no CGI needed for that filming by Peter Jackson. It was beautiful. And now sadness. A ridiculous attack upon innocent people. 

This makes me very sad.  I just don't understand such hatred for no reason. 
At least no reason that I can comprehend. 

Why?

Big sigh!

No words. No poetry. 

Just NO.   There has to be a NO. 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - exactly ... it is incomprehensible ... why someone has to copy another and do an act of such appalling and terrifyingly worrying horror. I feel so much for those families and their loved ones.

    Yes = NO, NO, NO ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling to put any of this into words. You've said it beautifully - just no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horrifying to think of the fear and running to get away. NO, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellently put Joanne. My maternal grandmother's sister emigrated to New Zealand when I was young so have distant relations there.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sure is what needs to be said

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't either. I really hate judgmental people and actions. My heart goes out to these folks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand all the hatred, either. It makes me so sad. Enough already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is way beyond my understanding how this type of hate develops and continues. Horrific!

    ReplyDelete