Friday, February 21, 2020

Wellness and Vision for 2020

 Last Saturday, I had a day with Oprah (and 17,000 others - mostly women).  It was better than I even expected - very motivational, very uplifting, very positive. You get the idea - very, very. So much is common sense, and yet from the mouth of Oprah, it sounds like true message.
 Well, I did not get to hug the real deal, but here Oprah and I bonded in the arena.  I bought the ticket back in November and was extremely psyched. The woman commands a room. She'd speak for an hour, have us to some workbook exercises, then tell some stories about her life. All very conversational, like she was just talking to me, and with me.
 Special guests included Julianne Hough who got us on our feet to dance in our space. Just move and be uplifted. Who cares what you look like? Have fun.  She's a teensy sprite and really pretty.
 My goal for 2020 is to try new stuff, exercise more, try to be more positive, and just exert a tad more potential. Eat better too. I do sleep fine - scored well on that category.  Another guest Oprah had was Tracee Ellis Ross (actress currently on blackish tv show). She's also the daughter of Diana Ross. So that was interesting. She talked about her mom, talked about career,  talked about life choices, fears, etc. Funny and personable - Ms.Ross definitely held her own with Oprah.
Yep - fabulous here.  I came away from the day very upbeat. The crowd was predominately women - all ages, all sizes, all colors. It truly was a mix of black, white, latino, asian. Very representational of America. People stayed in their seats, were quiet when they needed to be, kept phones off during serious portions of the day. It was refreshing and showed the power of Oprah. She put on an impressive DAY and gave us a 2020 Vision of possibility, wellness, and focus.


(No, we did not each get a car)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - sounds like it was an energising day and one you'll remember for a long time - can quite understand why you feel like you obviously do. Absolutely great ... so glad you were able to get along ... amazing - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an excellent day. If you never had to power of Oprah - OMG. Amazing woman

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow! it sounds like a fan-freaking-tastic experience! I'm glad you got to go. Did you go alone or with a pal? I would've loved to go to Oprah's big motivational show when she was in Atlanta, but it just wasn't in the cards.

    Have a super weekend. Dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went by myself but was not alone. It truly was a community. Wish you could have joined me.

      Delete
  3. I love that you did this! That's the kind of thing I like to do. Your picture with Oprah makes me smile and think that Oprah should've been honored to touch your finger. Glad you empowered yourself this awesome way, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could have joined me and Susan (above). Oprah is just freakin' amazing. What she's accomplished, etc. Dang good

      Delete
  4. Seemes you had a wonderful time Joanne.
    Hope your weekend will be great.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like a great time indeed. Getting motivated to do such things is a win too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - you could have been one of the lone guys there. It was great!

      Delete
  6. How exciting! Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so wonderful. You would have enjoyed it.

      Delete