Friday, May 8, 2020

Friday - and despite openings in TX, nah - it's quarantine

Here's my sister-in-law Cherie with her sign for my Aunt Janice (age 93).  She and my brother David were kind enough to visit at the long term care facility for her. They hung outside her window, waved, and blew kisses.

Aunt Janice is not doing great. As the doctor said, "She's tuckered out."   And that's okay...not shocking. But it's very sad during this quarantine time period.

I held a pity party for myself last Friday. I've not been to PA to see my father. He's doing fine. But I did not get to see Aunt J in March when I was supposed to go.


I realize, folks have lost their jobs. They are sick. They have no insurance. There's so much wrong in this world, and I'm okay.  But, I was mad and sad and just being pissy.

Poor Ray

So, thank  you Cherie for shining a light in this world.   That is positive energy and I am grateful.

Carry on

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. it's all right to be upset about it. We have all lost something through this. And that was very nice of Cherie to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne - I expect Ray is being very supportive to you - and helping you through. I do feel for Janice ... but lovely to see the sign Cherie made when she and David visited on behalf of everyone. Take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's just sad. Aunt Janice is an amazing person. She taught geometry for a zillion years. Smart, funny, and very positive.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry, my sweet friend. You are one of the most loyal people I know. You simply can't be everything to everyone, especially not during a damn pandemic. There was no way to predict this, and to know it would go on for so damn long. Be gentle with yourself.
    Virtual hugs to you and Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. Those are sweet words. You would love my Aunt Janice.

      Delete
  4. I do feel for you Joanne. It sure is strange times.
    Take care and stay safe,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just got to vent a bit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and then I step back - I know I've got it good.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you weren't able to visit as you wished. I think there are very few who haven't been affected one way or another by this pandemic. I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete