Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day - 2020

 Olden days - Patriotic baseball
 Unless it's raining, we'll have our flag flying out front on this trusty big tree
 Pretty flower pic - just cuz
 This wee one, Dakota, actually turns 3 today. I do not have a current picture. Maybe we'll see her before high school graduation - ha!   Happy Birthday, Dakota.
And this is from the USS Alabama (circa WWII), now a museum, in Mobile Alabama.

On Memorial Day, we remember those who fought and lost their lives for their country.

Monday should be a huge day of reflection - on the past and on our current situation.
Who are we as Americans?   What the heck are we doing as Americans?

Today should be a bit of a turning point for 2020 America - we truly should attempt to be better people, leaders for the world, and re-think who we are, who we want to be, and how we want to be seen. We should dig deep into our souls and think about how we want to be represented as America.

That all sounds so grand as I type it. Meanwhile, I'll float in the pool, eat a hot dog, and be a very lazy American. I need some gumption, some spirit, some mojo....

All the best for Memorial Day. Stay safe my friends.

8 comments:

  1. I think you need to allow yourself to be a lazy, leisurely American today, my friend. You deserve it.

    Dakota is so darn cute. Happy 3rd Bday to her.
    Keep your spirits intact, Joanne.
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it ended up a rain day in sweatpants. All good. Cheers to you

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo's Joanne, I once spent Memorial Day in your country .....an unforgetable memory.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne - interesting post ... and yes this year's Memorial is slightly different - I hope our Remembrance Day in November won't be - but actually I suspect will be for other reasons. Just enjoy your pool ... and hot dog - let your mojo carry on relaxing for now: it's safer! All the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ate the hot dog indoors. Too much rain - 2 inches on Monday. But it was fine.

      Delete
  4. So many lost lives to remember for us all this Memorial Day. I love the photo of Dakota. She is so sweet and I hope you get to see her again really soon. Yes I'm hoping that this whole pandemic business proves to be a really big turning point for all of us. We're all in this together so let's forget politics and fighting and just be kind. *gets off soap box* Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm up and down on a soap box all the time. We're in this together. Take care

      Delete