Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Wednesday Whatever - Christmas and SANTA!!!

Everyone has visions of sugarplums at this point in the year.  I just hope everyone takes time for themselves to just sit and look at the Christmas tree lights, to contemplate whatever meaning he/she has for this season, to enjoy family and/or friends. It can be a tough time for many. 

My heart does go out to the tornado victims/towns/families, etc who are suffering from such terrible destruction. I realize I am posting this under a wine meme, but that is the vast weirdness of the season. I admit when watching the news, I thought of so many eagerly awaiting Christmas with houses decorated, presents bought, and plans for celebration.  And boom - it's all gone and lives are lost. 

That is humbling. 

We have our penguin light
The bar area is decorated
I don't even have this sweatshirt anymore, but it's amusing
I did bake some peanut butter cookies this year.  More to come. The aromas - yum

Peace to all
 

8 comments:

  1. I'll take a peanut butter cookie!
    Disaster knows no season unfortunately.
    Have a Merry Christmas and see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tornado disaster took my breath away.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne - you too have a lovely time ... so many disasters with too many sadnesses - I hope peace can come to the world. Have a lovely time - the peanut butter cookies smell delicious - even here! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snicker doodle cookies actually turned out even better.
      Yes - Peace for the world - that would be best.
      Merry Christmas

      Delete
  4. The bitter-sweetness of the season, it's striking.

    Love and Merry to you and yours, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete