Monday, April 24, 2023

Monday Moments - The Housemaid by Freida McFadden


 Whoa!  The Housemaid by Freida McFadden is truly creepy and awesome and I can't tell you much. 

I just got this from the library and read it in two days.   Obsessive reading. 

Does that say enough?  

Millie, fresh out of prison, manages to get a job in Manhattan with the Winchesters.  Really rich folks - Nina and Andrew.  So, what  could go wrong?  Is Nina certifiably nuts?  Is the very young daughter, Cecelia, wacko?  Is the husband,  so dreamy, too good  to be true? 

Yes, yes,  yes. 

And does the attic bedroom door only lock  from the outside?  Yikes!!!!

That's it.  That's all I can say. 

Read it for yourself and find out what the heck happens....Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat here. The Housemaid has ticked the boxes for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a surprise for me. Could have been predictable. Nah! Hope you like it. I had to wait in my library line. Worth it.

      Delete
  2. It's so difficult to review some novels, isn't it? Everything is a spoiler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Hope I teased the right amount for this book.

      Delete