Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Wednesday Whatever - Moyes Trilogy Finale


 I've been delighted so far with Jojo Moyes books - Me Before You, After You, and now Still Me

With the end of the trilogy, I feel sad saying goodbye to Louisa Clark. But after quite the muddling about and many kerfluffles, our young heroine has hit her stride and shall carry on. When I finished it, I pictured Mary Tyler Moore from her old sitcom, throwing her hat triumphantly in the air. And as the saying goes for New York City, if you can make it there you can make it anywhere. 

So, in Still Me, Louisa arrives in New York but it's tough keeping a long distance relationship alive with Sam still in England. Fifth Avenue is a whole other world and she has to watch herself in this new world. Is her new employer her friend? Lou is still naive and has to learn how to navigate. But her bubbly unique self shines through and a treasure filled vintage clothing store helps her find her way. 

I laughed, I worried, I cared about Louisa (and Sam's) journey. Jojo Moyes writes so smoothly. She does not hit a false note and has created very rich fleshed out characters full of foibles and life. Still Me sums up the saga of Louisa. Very fun and entertaining read. 

(Thanks Linda Hoffman for finding these and passing them on!)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne..... only me , hope to be back soon. Enjoyed your post as always.
    Hope you are well, take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. Glad you are here. I’ve sent brain waves to you. Stay in touch!!

      Delete
  2. That series is quite cleverly titled. Glad you've enjoyed it, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just struck me right. Good humor and a plucky heroine.

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne - I'll add it to my library list - obviously an author I should at least read one book of (appalling English!) - as I tackle other more serious reading subjects. I'll get there - just read a Louise Penny one - Madness of Crowds ... kept me occupied. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend recommended Penny’s books, so I’ll find one to read. We can trade off!

      Delete