Friday, May 19, 2023

Something to Hide by Elizabeth George


 Holy cow, this is a long  ass book  at 687 pages. I reached a point of not caring.  Darn!

Something to Hide by Elizabeth George is good writing, a huge plot line, and a message about a horrible subject.  But OMG it's too freakin'  long  and absolutely belabors the plot. 

That's  a shame. I like this author. I've read many of her books that feature Detective Lynley and Detective Havers. But this one  goes on and on and on. 

I only paid one dollar at our local library sale. I  felt committed to finish this book and I did. But damn  this was hard work. 

and  that's my review.  Whew!   I am exhausted

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - well that solves that problem for us. I quite (at times) enjoy watching the tv reconstructions of Lynley and Havers ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help you out. I like the author. This was just not the book.

      Delete
  2. I have no patience or the eyesight any more for anything massive. I'm totally awed you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never surrender! I skimmed a LOT

      Delete