Friday, August 24, 2018

Toot the Horn and Tout The Trumpeter's New Clothes



I was recently back East and caught up with my friends at Helen's shore home.
l-r  Terri, Joan, Lisa, Trish, Me, Helen  (Mary Ellen is photographer)

We took turns and read The Trumpeter's New Clothes by Robyn Alana Engel/ illustrated by Steve Ferchaud aloud.  Each of us read two pages each and showed the pictures. Plenty of guffaws, chuckles, and comments galore. And then at the end....applause. Everyone was in awe of this book and planned to buy a copy (or two)
Trumpeter is a modern day spin on Hans Christian Andersen's classic children's tale, The Emperor's New Clothes.  The story it tells in rhyme is current, topical, hilarious, and ends in a very heartfelt message. The illustrations are fantastic. 

Robyn Alana Engel is a talented writer with a way of looking at our world with wisdom and passion. I highly recommend this book despite some Fake Quotes about this book - i.e. The fake arthur is a - you know a total looser, a total looser! Sad!  - King


on Amazon and 
follow her blog  Life by Chocolate 

17 comments:

  1. That book is a total HOOT! I bet you gals had a blast with it.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great Joanne.

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is darn funny and has a nice message at the end

      Delete
  3. Robyn sure knows how to spin a fun tale indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne ... I ordered a copy for someone down in the States - hope it's appropriate! I'll find out ... well done Robyn ... and thanks for letting us know Joanne - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much, Hilary. It's appropriate enough for my 11 year old nephew. I hope it's well received by your American friend. Most of us do not lean Orange, despite what it may seem. =)

      Delete
    2. Hi Robyn - well we'll see what he says when he gets it ... especially as I don't understand what 'lean Orange' means! It will be interesting ... to find out!

      Delete
    3. Hi, Hillary. Oh, sorry. Yeah, some of my local friends need explanation too. All I mean it that, well, he's Orange. So those who support him lean towards the color. This is a shame - such a lovely color. =) I like to lean peach myself, though I'm liberal minded. Be well!

      Delete
  5. Joanne, Joanne, sorry it took me til now to drop by. It was a long day and week, emotionally and otherwise. You've greatly helped lift my spirits. I'm so grateful for the sincere props, and that your friends enjoyed the Trumpeter, and that you're spreading the word.

    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Gratitude and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely. And it's spurred some sales with my friends. You are talented. And a good blog friend. Glad to help. Enjoy your weekend

      Delete
    2. I see that. You and your friends did very well by me in terms of my sales ranking. I'm excited and honored, my good e-friend. Someday, it'd be great to meet you and your friends in person. Enjoy the weekend.

      Delete
  6. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robyn's book is indeed a treat--both hilarious and meaningful, and she is awesome. Glad you and your friends had the chance to share some laughs.

    ReplyDelete