Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wednesday Whatever - Peace Like a River by Leif Enger


 back blurb - In Peace Like a River by Leif Enger we meet eleven year-old Reuben Land, an asthmatic boy in  the Midwest who has  reason  to believe in miracles. Along with his sister and father, Reuben finds himself on a cross-country search for his outlaw older brother who has been controversially charged with murder. Their journey unfolds like a revelation, and its conclusion shows how family,  love, and faith can stand up to the most terrifying of enemies, the most tragic of fates. 

I bought this book for fifty cents at a library sale. This back blurb intrigued me,  and indeed the characters and story line kept me interested. I am not a religious person and the idea of a "faith" kind of book does not generally fly into my wheelhouse. However,  this book is  not banging  anyone over the head. It's nicely written. I liked Reuben and the outlaw brother,  Davy, is stalwart. I definitely got more than my money's worth from this book, and found it rather  peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment