Monday, January 2, 2023

New Year - 2023



 Happy (?) New Year

It's Monday, January 2 2023 and we start anew. For me - the diet, exercise, new hobby, new.....whatever goals. 

My tiny world is solid. Ray and I shall forge ahead with pickleball, friends, laughs, and projects. More visits to state parks. 

The big world picture - it's beyond my pay grade.  But after reading Time Magazine's Person of the Year issue, I feel compelled to say that Ukraine - the country, the people, the fight is pivotal for 2023. 

Volodymyr Zelensky & The Spirit of Ukraine embody 2022 and beyond. 

Zelensky's statement about the loss of freedom in one nation erodes freedom in all the rest sums it up

"If they devour us, the sun in your sky will get dimmer"

' Nuff said

8 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - thanks and Happy New Year to you and Ray ... life will go on - but I so feel for the Ukrainians.

    I so admire the Zelensky's - Olena has been as wise as her husband ... I'm going to post something about the loss of culture - which the Ukrainian leaders are ensuring, as best they can, will not be lost. I'll link back ...

    Excellent post ... it's good to read ... cheers Hilary

    PS I'll get to look at the article ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your post. And there is usually a strong woman behind a strong man. Ukraine is quite a country.

      Delete
  2. It took a lot of courage for Zelensky to address the US and lay out the needs of his country. God bless him, and keep his country whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He appears to be the right man at the right time for Ukraine and the world. I just hope we do right by him.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! I feel terrible for the people in Ukraine. I'm glad they have a good leader to help them in this dark time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you. Hope you and family had a good holiday. It will be fun to see what you are creating and doing in 2023. Good luck

      Delete
  4. We know more than ever how small the world is, yet still don't always see world affairs as having an impact on ourselves!

    I'm glad you and Ray are enjoying retirement. It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be aware of my lack of knowledge on so many aspects of the world. It’s mind-blowing at times.

      Delete