Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bernini and more

 Forget cramped airlines, crappy airline food, and jet lag.  I traveled to Italy with a good writer friend, Ann Summerville, and we hit the streets of Rome on Saturday September 20th, running.  You can't go wrong in the Piazza Navona. It is dramatic, gleaming, and a dream come true.

 Bernini sculptures have to be seen in person. Pictures do not do them justice. The detail, the creativity, the story, the characters, the size - I was in awe.

So many statues, so little time.  This was just day one, hour one and it got better and better. My eyes are full of beauty - Italy itself, the people, the food, the art, the history. I shall share the adventure until you scream "No more!"

6 comments:

  1. Wow.Super pictures! I can't wait to see... and hear... more. I hope you had a fantabulous time. (Talk about an awesome detour!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you got to see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos! So pretty there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, I am BREATHLESS... your photos are STUNNING...
    I haven't been to Rome since the late 80's and it is still GORGEOUS. I can't wait to return....SIGH. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Michael! Your photos make me want to take the next flight back to Italy! Glad you had a wonderful time, Joanne!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete