Thursday, October 23, 2014

Vote Early

The polls are open for early voting, so I drove to the Bedford Library today to do my duty. I followed the Vote Acqui signs, and showed my driver's license. With shoulders slumping and a sigh of resignation, I cast my ballot. I wish I could be happier with my choices, not going for lesser of evils.

And the question of evils is based on articles I read. I admit I am shallow and lazy in regards to politics. I don't dig deep into voting records. I am, no doubt, a victim of media bias.

I count on the checks and balances of the "system" to keep things sane, though it sure seems like the inmates are running the asylum.

4 comments:

  1. We're in the midst of municipal elections here...we've had the online and advanced next week is the main election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are happy with your choices in Canada.

      Delete
  2. You've been a very good citizen, Joanne! I still don't know who to vote for. It's another case of lesser of two evils!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with having to choose between the lesser of two evils. It seems like it is almost always the way it goes.

    ReplyDelete