Monday, June 27, 2016

Book Review - The Crossing

Michael Connelly is a reliable author and his Harry Bosch character proves  steady. In  The Crossing, Harry is retired but pulled back into the game and even crosses over to the other side to help the defense. Mickey Haller (The Lincoln Lawyer) needs him to investigate on the down low, but of course that is impossible to maintain. A woman’s been murdered and Haller’s client, a former gang member, has been charged. But the more Harry digs, the more it looks like a set up. Lots of arrows point to an inside the police system problem.


Harry keeps digging and soon finds a trail of murders connected to a watch, a plastic surgeon, and more. Connelly builds suspense and as a reader you will enjoy pulling together the clues. Harry is reluctant and yet he’s bored as a retired officer. He’d rather be in the trenches, reading murder reports, and doing follow-up face to face. This is a very satisfying read that keeps you dodging bullets and rooting for Harry. 

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like an engrossing story. I like those that keep you tied up in what's happening and pull you along through the plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is consistent in writing a good story. Check him out at the library

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of his books, but this one sounds good; might have to look for it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like The Lincoln Lawyer a lot too and the movie is also worthy

      Delete
  3. I may have to investigate this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting story! I like crime fiction, but for some reason crime series about "a hardened male detective" doesn't really resonate well with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun mystery. I like the variety of genres you read, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep - I don't get stuck in one thing. You never know where my mind shall roam

      Delete
  6. If I'm going to read a crime thriller I like lots of twists and a plot that keeps you guessing . . . this sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Connelly. I'm going to have to read this one. Have you been watching the Bosch series on Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have not seen the show. Previews look good

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great read - I do like crime thrillers. :) Thanks for the reco!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pacing is deliberate and measured, until it builds to a classic Connelly ending. Any fan will enjoy this upcoming release, as it fits nicely into the Harry Bosch series. A great read.

    Mariz
    Get Best Info for Lockout 24 Hour Locksmiths

    ReplyDelete