Sunday, June 5, 2016

Movie Review Madness - Captain America: Civil War

I am late to the Marvel party, but here's a review as this movie slowly eases out of theaters             

  Captain America: Civil War finds our Avenger folks at odds.  Here’s a theater Synopsis
Political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability when the actions of the Avengers lead to collateral damage. The new status quo deeply divides members of the team. Captain America (Chris Evans) believes superheroes should remain free to defend humanity without government interference. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) sharply disagrees and supports oversight. As the debate escalates into an all-out feud, Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) must pick a side.

Captain America is also loyal to his friend the Winter Soldier who’s been unthawed and released to create havoc. This movie has everybody except Thor enter the fray. The Scarlett Witch uses her powers. Vision is overseeing her. Ant Man and Spider Man provide some comic relief. The new Spider Man is a smart aleck kid with some great lines. Otherwise, the film stays dark and serious as Captain America and Iron Man pursue their goals and go toe to toe. 

The movie could use some editing. That’s my usual complaint. The performances are fine and the action battles are exciting. Good film-making and special effects. Choose your team – Captain America or Iron Man, place your bets, and root for a winner. Then again, do we win if they are all divided?


20 comments:

  1. I thought the film was brilliant. So much going on besides just the fights. (Although that airport scene was amazing, wasn't it?) And they have the perfect Spiderman now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of fun I like the Marvel stuff better than DC.

      Delete
  2. Finally have a good spiderman, about time they got him right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen this one yet, probably when it is out to rent, but have liked a lot of others in the series I have seen.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I passed on seeing this with the family, but I'll definitely see it soon. I want to, and they'll make me. I'm interested to see Spiderman, because he's usually a character I dislike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has promise and this was a fun movie. You have to keep up with your crew

      Delete
  5. I told my son before I saw the movie that I would be on Captain America's side. He told me, "It's not as simple as that." Darn it if he wasn't right. But, I still would be on Captain America's side.
    Even though I learn he's been a member of Hydra all along.
    Darn it.
    BTW, I loved how they used Spiderman. I'm thinking he's the type of Spiderman we see in the comics. But, Aunt May? Come ON! Hollywood just can't leave well enough alone, can they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make it easy to vascillate. I enjoy the dynamics

      Delete
  6. This is another one I'd like to see. Not sure if we'll make it before it stops showing at the theater or not, but maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth trying. You know it's more fun on the big screen. Matinee date!!

      Delete
  7. Oh yeah, action movies always seemed like they could use some editing when I used to be dragged to them, back in the Arnold/Sylvester heyday! I avoid comic book movies like the plague.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one yet. I may wait for the DVD rental. I think I've seen too many of these superhero types of movies lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one my son would probably like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo not my kind of film. Bring back the big musicals, that's what I say!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least Robert Downey Jr. is easy on the eyes, and there were bursts of excitement.
    Thank you, Joanne. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Civil War was a very good movie. There are also two end credit scenes, so be on the lookout.I’d say Civil War is a must see in any format.

    Mariz
    Look at Alaska Fly Fishing

    ReplyDelete