Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Wednesday Whatever - Hey Mom Memories

Happy Birthday Mom - she would be 91 today, but alas she passed at age 60.  Hard to believe.  Not many pictures of her around. 
This was her birth place. A modest farm in Indiana.  Obviously someone  took this picture in more recent years (not black and white days)
Here's dad, mom, David, Lori, and me on David's  wedding  day.  Mom was already ill from cancer but rallied  for this happy occasion. 
Here's a high school photo. Always rather solemn.  She loved  to read,  was good at sports, and an excellent baker. I can't imagine her at age 91 - she'd be teeny tiny little bird. 

Time is fleeting and the memories start to curl at the edges. 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post about your mother Joanne.Thank you for sharing the lovely pics and words about her.I very much enjoyed the post.
    Have a good day.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much. I appreciate that I can share a glimpse of her.

      Delete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. Such a tender homage to your mom. She was beautiful, I am sorry for your loss. I miss my mom as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much for your sweet comment. Yep- I hear her voice in my head often. She had good common sense.

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne - good to see your Mom posted up too ... I love her (to us) little farmstead - those were the days - humble beginnings. Sad to think she died so young ... but happy memories of days gone by for you ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete