Monday, June 1, 2015

Road Trip

 Finally, Sunday sunshine in TX.   Ray and I decided to stretch the Camaro legs. We zoomed up to  ( **)  mph. Smooth as silk. It wasn't for long, but man....it was fun.

Onward to Hico, TX - ate at the Koffee Kup Café - their motto is "Pie Fixes Everything". Darn tasty.   Then onward to Dublin to tour their soda bottling plant. It used to be a huge Dr. Pepper location and has a very full Dr. Pepper museum. However, a lawsuit a few years ago removed Dr. Pepper. Now it bottles other sodas but still uses the pure cane sugar.
Interesting tour and plenty of Dr. Pepper stuff to peruse.  Fun Sunday road trip and home by 4:30 pm.

NO RAIN in sight.

** use your imagination

5 comments:

  1. They're right, pie is good! Sounds like you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one with a graham cracker crust and pudding - quite light

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun day trip. I have to agree with that cafe's motto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a cake person, but this was darn tasty.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you and Ray had such a fun outing. That pie sounds delicious, and I'm a Pepper too!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete