Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Book Review - Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs

Book Five of the Miss Peregine's peculiar children series - The Conference of the Birds - is another gripping adventure for Jacob Portman and his friends.  This whole YA series has been enthralling. 

Jacob needs to deliver a new peculiar, Noor,  to V.  Time is running out and the kids are trying to decipher a prophecy. Meanwhile Miss Peregrine and various factions are at a conference  attempting to avert chaos amongst the tribes.  

cover blurb - When the prisons are blown to dust and chaos reigns....And the betrayers summon their king, The old ones from their sleep are torn....An age of strife will soon be born. 


 Enemies behind him. Unknown paths ahead. Jacob Portman must use his wits, his skills, and learn to continue to depend on his friends. Unique characters inhabit Ransom Riggs' writing. The twists and turns keep the pages turning. Whew - I'm ready for book six now. 

11 comments:

  1. I actually have this book, I got it from my mom´s mom for Easter. I have only read a few pages so far because I never have enough time, but I am excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to wait. I have the whole series to give you. Start with book 1.

      Delete
  2. A great treview Joanne, you certainly know how to pick a good read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are different and well written. Very clever for youngsters and adults to read

      Delete
  3. Looks very intriguing. My problem is my to read list is too long. My Kindle has too many books loaded, and now I've gotten into audio books. Love that I can do that while knitting or taking my daily walks, and or making the bed, doing dinner prep etc. Can't multi-task while reading reading.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I always have a pile waiting, that's for sure. This is a fun series though. Very clever and you want to have the book, not audio because he has photos that are very intriguing.

      Delete
  4. Girlfriend, you keep devouring fascinating worlds of adventures (mixed with an occasional snoozer). Good for you. Glad you're ready for the next.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to keep the brain flowing somehow. Just sitting in front of Netflix isn't the smartest thing to do. Cheers to you too

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne - I must look at these books when I get to the Library sometime ... they sound intriguing at least to glance through - I'm sure worth more time - but I've other books to read first. I imagine they'd all be great reads at this time ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete