Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wednesday Whatever


 Hey - I'm being lazy for this post.  Saw this meme on FB and it struck me.  I have to say - I have a darn good life and I'm happy enough - relatively content. I'm darn lucky - roof overhead, food in fridge, job, talented, clever hubby who does a ton of stuff around the house, along with excellent cooking. 

I mean - that's life, marriage, in a nutshell. We eat, we sleep,  we survive, we laugh. 

Laughter to me is the key. Wacky stupid laughter.  Snarky laughs. Just existence - we have to laugh. 

and the stupid little crap you accumulate through the years.  Dumb references  to any show, music, moment - OMG - that's the best. 

We have our Texas history but  I'm lucky to have solid PA history with siblings and also friends from junior high on to now.....that has offered a lot through the years.  And I have a dad turning 90 in July- Yikes. I can still speak Philly - Yo. 

We chatted the other night and he can't believe that number. Oh, he's getting forgetful and repeats quite a bit, but he's also sharp on so much stuff. I/We are lucky that he's a happy man who likes his sweets and still enjoys his home/shows/ and Good Morning America. 

Anyway - that's Wednesday in May - just a rambling chat - sharing my random thoughts. 

Thanks for reading. Take care all. 


9 comments:

  1. An excellent quote Joanne and so very true.

    Take care and have a great Wednesday.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen carefully to what he remembers - probably a lot of history and wisdom there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - believe me, he remembers the past well - especially fond of Navy days. All good stories and I learn something new every time. Age and the mind - it's rather fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne - delightful post and I can so agree ... Your Dad is amazing and how wonderful he's still going strong - they are fascinating as they get older ... he sounds like he's found the right way ... accepts help, yet gets on with things ... enjoy all your chats with him - they'll be precious. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed. And I'm going up for three weeks in July - so lots of sitting and talking

      Delete
  5. I love that quote, and I can agree. Life is quite alright. I´m happy and thankful for what and who I have. I miss you guys! Tell pops I said hi for me!
    -Kyla F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - we are darn lucky. And I'll tell your pops. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  6. Love the quote and you're absolutely right. Roof over head, food in fridge, clever hubby - ok so I had to repeg the wet washing on the line this morning cause he hangs clothes the wrong way round but that's a problem I can live with! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete