Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday Moment - Where? Bentonville Arkansas

Ray and I drove six hours to Bentonville, Arkansas.  Here's Ray in front of the original Wal-Mart. Yep, Sam Walton created an empire. 
Fortunately Alice Walton, who amassed a huge collection of American art, donated it all to create Crystal Bridges Art Museum. Wow. Just wow.  A lovely museum to wander and enjoy. 
And outside, fabulous nature trails with a few little sculptures along the way. How about some Chihuly glass?
Nifty dramatic art against a forested backdrop. 

 Yep, I LOVED our weekend and will be sharing a lot more of our adventures.  

And now it's Monday. Back to reality - gotta go to work to pay for vacation time. 

10 comments:

  1. I love stumbling across outside sculptures. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a fantastic place. So much to see. I could go back next weekend and absorb more

      Delete
  2. Looks a wonderful place Joanne, so pleased you had a good weekend.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll be sharing more so you can see it from across the pond

      Delete
  3. That sounds like fun. Chihuly artwork is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray's always up for adventure and I read and find all kinds of stuff. Just have to keep the eyes and heart open

      Delete
  4. Hi Joanne - looks to be such an interesting museum to visit .. so pleased you went and had a fun visit. Chihuly's work always staggers me ... just been told about the St Petersburg Museum in Florida (Dali) and then too Tiffany's at Charles Hosmer Morse's museum also in Florida. Always good to hear about new things ... looking forward to more photos. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got plenty to share. Let me know when you are tired and I've out stayed my welcome. Indeed - lots of museums in this world to explore. Just need time and money to get there

      Delete
  5. Sounds lovely! Hope you will posts photos from the six hour drive, looking forward to seeing/hearing more. Glad you had a great weekend. Wish you more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. No photos out the car - Texas is boring and it was rather rainy/dreary on our way. But I'll have nature photos from our walks. It was a truly nice break

      Delete