Friday, January 5, 2024

Finally Friday - Still Summer by Jacquelyn Mitchard


 High  school friends, Tracy, Olivia, and  Holly were the Godmothers. Their bond survived years. Now they reunite for a luxury sailboat ride in the Caribbean.  Tracy's college age daughter joins the group. With a two man crew they sail into paradise.   (Cue the Jaws like theme forbidding music). 

A small mistake triggers devastating mistakes. These women must battle the elements, modern day piracy, and their own history. 

Still Summer by Jacquelyn Mitchard is a spellbinding adventure and a story about the bonds that hold friend to friend and mothers  to daughters, and how facing our own mortality tests the truth of everything we know. 

Good story. Rich characters.  The author kept  the pages turning. I was worried, concerned, and cared  about these women. 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - you do manage to find enticing books to tempt me - I'm resisting, though must read some of my own this year ... ever hopeful: me that is! Cheers as I mentioned I'll be around on the 13th ... Happy New Year - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky to have a friend who finds many of these books at a thrift store. We swap a lot, so it’s easy on the wallet and she has good taste. Win. Win.

      Delete
  2. It's great when a book leads you to feel something for the characters. Good writing! Happy New Year! Wishing you the best in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d read this author before and could count on a well thought out story line with rich characters. Pulled me in. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete