Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Whatever Wednesday - Oh the Lights

Enjoyed the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens Lightscape in December. Ray and I took our time strolling through the magical showcase. Gave Ray too many ideas. I did say it's cheaper to pay admission here, then to try to recreate it in our own backyard. 
Our ladders don't reach high enough
The lights were fantastic in the wooded areas


 More to come in another post.  Frankly, I felt sorry for families hauling kids in wagons through the course. The kids lacked interest - they just wanted  to play with the light-up  candy cane swords the parents bought at concession  stands. 

Ray and I could  take our time, stop and look up and back for all the views and color changes. 

We were the true kids at heart. 

6 comments:

  1. True kids at heart is the best way to be.
    Wouldn't that be cool if you could recreate those lights in your own yard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray’s trying. I don’t think we have enough money for the full show. Ha!

      Delete
  2. That first photo brought me cheer. Thank you for that and the rest of these colorful photos.
    Keep being kids at heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yep- we have the kid spirit. Always my friend.

      Delete
  3. I always think one needs to grow up before one can appreciate the kiddie stuff properly. Wishing you and fam a wonderful 2024! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. Age and wisdom give us better reflection and appreciation. Cheers to you.

      Delete